Ski-in Ski-out Luxury Homes in Kadenwood, Whistler, BC
Kadenwood is an area of huge, luxury homes each with some level of ski-in/ski-out access to Whistler Mountain. Moreover, the development was built at the highest point on Whistler Mountain, meaning that Kadenwood offers seclusion and privacy. There are two ways to access Kadenwood, one is via Kadenwood Drive and the other is via the private gondola. This private gondola serves to quickly and conveniently connect Kadenwood residents to Creekside. In conclusion, some residents love the remoteness of Kadenwood. However, more than privacy, most owners love the ski-in ski-out access to one of the most famous ski mountain in the world, Whistler Mountain.
Table of Contents.
- Active Listings of Luxury Houses in Kadenwood.
- Kadenwood Gondola.
- Neighbourhood of Kadenwood.
- Photo Gallery of Kadenwood.
- Sales in Kadenwood.
- Ski-in/Ski-out Access in Kadenwood & Map
- Strata: Fees, Parking, Plan of Kadenwood.
- Tourist Accommodation Zoning in Kadenwood.
- Transit for Kadenwood.
- Questions About Buying in Kadenwood?
Active Listings of Luxury Homes and Land in Kadenwood
- 2924 Big Timber Court: 5 bed/6 baths (5000 sq. ft.) $8,495,000. Built 2005. Listed by Whistler Real Estate Company.
- 2934 Heritage Peaks Trail: 5 bed/8 bath (5,365 sq. ft.) $8,790,000. Built 2018. Listed by Engel & Volkers Whistler. Blog and video.
- 2980 Trail’s End Lane: 5 bed/6 bath (7,375 sq. ft.) $11,900,000. Increased from $10,900,000. Built 2016. Listed by Engel & Volkers Whistler.
- Click the following link a to view a Whistler Market Update and Listings of Whistler Ski-in/Ski-out Luxury Homes posted by all Whistler brokerages. Table of contents.
- Experience a ride on the Kadenwood Gondola. The Kadenwood Gondola operates within the guidelines of the rest of the Whistler Blackcomb gondolas. I understand that this is due to the insurance policies of the gondola operations.
Location of Kadenwood
- Kadenwood is in a location you have to be looking for. In other words, you need to know that is your destination, as it is not an area you would just come across by accident. Kadenwood is located by driving through Bayshores, a residential Whistler neighbourhood. From there the route is a scenic mountain road which is a lovely drive in summer and a beautiful drive in the snow. Watch my video below for the summer version of Kadenwood Drive.
Google Map of Kadenwood
- Google flew over this part of Whistler in 1999 before the trails were developed for Kadenwood. I have charted out the directional path of ski trails. However, if you are at this stage of deciding on a property based on the ski access please watch the Kadenwood video series, at the end of this page. Or, contact Marion firstname.lastname@example.org
Neighbourhood of Kadenwood
Photo Gallery of Kadenwood
- Please click on the following link for more photos of Kadenwood.
Sales of Luxury Homes in Kadenwood
- All sales, posted by all Whistler brokerages on WhistlerListings.com:
Address Bed/Bath House size (sq.ft.) Land Size (sq.ft.) Date Sold Sold Price Listing Broker 2934 Heritage Peaks Trail 5/8 5,365 29,403 12-2020 7,450,000 E&V 2919 Heritage Peaks Trail 7.5/7.5 6,200 15,290 12-2020 7,550,000 E&V 2952 High Point Drive 7/6.5 5,450 18,406 03-2020 7,615,000 E&V 2939 High Point Drive 5/6.5 5,360 15,715 02-2020 6,980,000 E&V 2927 Heritage Peaks Trail 5/5.5 4,645 15,812 09-2019 6,600,000 E&V 2909 Kadenwood Drive 6/5.5 5,100 14,200 04-2018 6,500,000 E&V 2931 Big Timber Court 6/7 5,000 21,959 04-2018 7,575,000 Thorn 2970 High Point Drive 7/8.5 6,600 20,038 02-2018 9,500,000 Thorn 2957 Kadenwood Drive 5/4.5 4,000 18,841 02-2018 6,500,000 WREC 2927 Ancient Cedars Lane 4/5.5 6,085 20,989 11-2017 7,075,000 Thorn 2935 Big Timber Court 6/7.5 7,500 21,338 08-2017 10,000,000 Thorn 2927 Ancient Cedars Lane 4/5.5 6,085 20,989 02-2017 7,250,000 Thorn 2933 Kadenwood Drive 5/7 5,400 29,407 11-2016 5,750,000 Sutton 2923 Heritage Peaks Trail 5/7 5,600 18,209 11-2016 5,140,785 Thorn 2963 High Point Drive 5/7 5,000 15,823 07-2016 6,383,500 WREC 2951 High Point Drive 5.5/6.5 5,000 20,343 05-2016 6,800,000 WREC 2939 High Point Drive 5/6.5 5,600 15,175 04-2016 4,395,000 WREC 2927 Heritage Peaks Trail 5/6 4,646 15,791 02-2016 4,750,000 Thorn 2952 High Point Drive 7/6.5 5,000 18,406 02-2016 6,200,000 Thorn 2972 Kadenwood Drive 4/5.5 5,000 15,930 09-2014 3,600,000 WREC 2952 High Point Drive 7/7 5,000 18,406 06-2014 6,000,000 Thorn 2935 Big Timber Court 4/6 5,000 21,313 11-2013 5,000,000 WREC 2963 High Point Drive 5/7 5,000 15,823 11-2012 4,280,000 Thorn 2941 Kadenwood Drive 4/3.5 4,000 36,168 05-2011 3,600,000 RE/MAX 2931 Big Timber Court 6/6.5 5,000 21,959 11-2010 5,250,000 Thorn 2945 Kadenwood Drive 6/7.5 5,000 35,000 03-2007 4,300,000 S to S 2951 High Point Drive 4/6.5 5,000 20,343 12-2006 4,900,000 WREC 2939 High Point Drive 4/6 5,000 15,715 12-2006 4,285,000 WREC 2947 High Point Drive 5/6.5 5,000 20,128 12-2006 4,870,750 WREC 2972 Kadenwood Drive 4/5.5 5,000 15,898 12-2006 4,225,000 WREC 2931 Big Timber Court 6/6.5 5,000 21,959 12-2005 5,600,000 S to S 2945 Kadenwood Drive 6/7.5 5,000 34,674 02-2002 2,100,000 WREC 2931 Big Timber Court 6/6.5 5,000 21,959 01-2002 1,600,000 WREC
- To view the sales in the other ski-in ski-out locations in Whistler, click the following link. Thi to view all the ski-in ski-out house sales in Whistler including Kadenwood.
Ski-in Ski-out Trails Through Kadenwood
- The first video is an introduction to the ski-in ski-out trails around Kadenwood.
- Trails End Lane Ski-in Ski-out Trail
- Heritage Peaks Trail Ski-in Ski-out Trail
- Ancient Cedars Lane Ski-in Ski-out Trail
- Big Timber Court Ski-in Ski-out Trail
- High Point Drive Ski-in Ski-out Trail
- Kadenwood Drive Ski-in Ski-out Trail
Strata Fees in Kadenwood
- My video below explains my thoughts on this Kadenwood strata and their vision for the future.
- The strata fees in Kadenwood start around $1,000/month (2020). With 60 lots that is over $60,000/year, and the majority of this fee goes towards the operation and maintenance of the Kadenwood Gondola, and the Gondola station. The fund also covers the operation and maintenance of the ski-in ski-out trails. This is why the Kadenwood strata purchased their own Pistenbully groomer, which the strata elected to buy rather than rent. In addition, the strata fees also cover snow removal and any landscaping in the park areas. For more information, check out my blog post Kadenwood Strata – well run strata with vision.
Parking in Kadenwood
- The streets are narrow in Kadenwood, simply because they are strata roads and not municipal roads. This means that there is no room for cars to be parked on the side of the Kadenwood roads, which would lead to a string of cars blocking one lane of traffic. Besides, this current, no-parking policy makes the neighbourhood look low-density, which it is.
- Kadenwood has a predatory parking program, which means that the local towing company can come by and remove any vehicle not legally parked. The towing company cannot enter your property, as that would be trespassing. Unfortunately, most strata areas in Whistler have this “service”.
- There is a large parking lot beside the gondola station, however this is dedicated to the residents of Kadenwood. That is to say, you need to have an owner decal to prove you are eligible to park there. No parking is allowed overnight in this gondola parking lot, as it would prevent any snow clearing which would have to be done before the lift opens early in the morning. The predatory towing service no doubt patrols the area regularly.
Strata Plan of Kadenwood
- Kadenwood was developed in four phases. The Registered strata plan of Kadenwood LMS 4695 shows phase 1, phase 2, phase 3 and phase 4. To clarify, this is a bare land strata.
Tourist Accommodation Zoning
- The document, RTA11 for Residential/Tourist Accommodation explains the zoning for Kadenwood. I pulled the zoning information from the zoning and parking bylawson the Resort Municipality of Whistler (RMOW) website.
Transit To and From Kadenwood
- In short, there is no bus service for Kadenwood. The road up to Kadenwood starts in the neighbourhood of Bayshores, which is south of Whistler Creekside. This would be a good time to watch the video of Kadenwood Drive. In winter there is a wall of snow on either side of this mountain road, which makes the road a beautiful drive. I have mentioned the Kadenwood Gondola service which shuts down late in the evening. That leaves Whistler’s reliable taxi service for getting you home. It would probably cost around $30 for a taxi from Whistler Village to Kadenwood…so, in summary there is no problem with transit in Kadenwood, as long as you are in a car/taxi.
Questions About Buying in Kadenwood?
- Are you and your family considering a purchase in Kadenwood? If you are not working with a Whistler realtor then I have the experience to assist you. In the meantime, have a look at the Buying Process page for a step by step guide to buying Whistler real estate.
Personal Real Estate Corporation
Sutton Group – West Coast Realty
203-1080 Millar Creek Road, Whistler, BC, V8E 0S7, CANADA