Luxury Ski Homes Taluswood – the Heights and the Ridge, Whistler, BC
“Luxury ski homes Taluswood – the Heights and the Ridge, Whistler, BC. Unfortunately, there are only a couple of detached houses in both the Heights and the Ridge. They are basically the same exterior design as the rest of the half-duplexes in the Heights and the townhouses in the Ridge. Therefore the houses blend in so well to the development, that you may not even notice them.
“The access to and from the Dave Murray Downhill is excellent in the Ridge. The access to and from the Heights is not as convenient, but it is not inconvenient. It all depends on which location you purchase in the Heights. Either way, it is nothing of concern. You will either love the remoteness of Taluswood, or that will be the reason you don’t buy in Taluswood. Either way, Taluswood is worth considering.” – Marion
- About Taluswood for Ski-in/Ski-out Houses.
- Active House Listings in Taluswood.
- Development Site Plan of The Height and The Ridge.
- Google Map Showing Location of Taluswood.
- Photo Gallery of The Heights and The Ridge.
- Sales of Houses in The Heights and The Ridge.
- Ski-in/Ski-out Access for The Heights and The Ridge.
- Strata Fees and Parking in The Heights and The Ridge.
- Strata Plan of The Heights and The Ridge.
- Transit to and from Taluswood.
- Questions About Buying or Selling in Taluswood?
Taluswood is composed of predominitely luxury townhouses. However, there two luxury houses in the Heights and two in the Ridge. The address for the Heights is 2324 Taluswood Place and for the Ridge, it is 2269 Nordic Drive.
Taluswood was built in a quiet, almost remote area which is close to 1,000 ft off the Valley floor. Kadenwood has set the record for being the highest development on Whistler Mountain at 1,000 ft above the valley floor. Taluswood is accessible by car with great ski-in ski-out trails. The views south to the Tantalus mountains can be spectacular. Taluswood was a very popular location for the Olympic Ski teams due to the easy accessibility to the slopes, and the distance from the Village! Table of Contents.
- 36-2250 Nordic Drive: 4 bed/3.5 bath (2,245 sq.ft.) $2,495,000. Built 1997. Listed by Whistler Real Estate Company.
Whistler Ski-in Ski-out Listings show you and luxury house listings for the locations featured on this website. All brokerage listings are posted.
Photo Gallery of The Ridge:
Sales of houses in the Heights and the Ridge since posted by all Whistler brokerages:
|Address||Bed/Bath||House Size sq. ft.||Date sold||Sold Price||Listing Broker|
|2269 Nordic Drive||6/6||3980||2016-04||3,600,000||THORN|
|2324 Taluswood Place||4/3.5||2600||2011-10||1,850,000||THORN|
|2324 Taluswood Place||4/3.5||2598||2010-02||1,800,000||THORN|
|2324 Taluswood Place||4/3.5||2500||2009-10||1,590,000||SUTTON|
|2269 Nordic Drive||6/5.5||4200||2005-07||3,200,000||S To S|
|2269 Nordic Drive||6/5.5||4200||2000-02-||2,000,000||RE/MAX|
|2324 Taluswood Place||4/3.5||2508||2000-02||1,800,000||WREC|
|2269 Nordic Drive||6/5.5||4200||1999-01||1,225,000||WREC|
- Heights: Depending on where you own in Taluswood, will determine how close you are to the ski-in and ski-out trails. When you have a look at the Google Map (see table of contents) you should be able to view the ski-in ski-out trails. The trails which service the Lookout, also service the Heights, as they are in the same area of Taluswood. The ski-out trail is between the entrance to the Heights and the Lookout, and the ski-in trail ends up in about the same area between the two developments.
- Ridge: Without a doubt the access to the joint ski-in ski-out trail is very convenient. When I held an open house at #20, which was directly across the lane from the ski-in ski-out access, I saw all ages and abilities of skiers/boarders come up the incline and into the Ridge. Table of Contents.
Strata fees include:
- chimney and fireplace cleaning
- garbage removal
- insurance and appraisal
- landscape maintenance
- repairs and maintenance
- snow removal
- window cleaning
- trail grooming (ski-in ski-out)
- contingency fund for the roof
- Contribution to re-staining
For both the Heights and the Ridge, each house has a double car garage with room on the garage pad, so you have at least 4 spots. Each neighbourhood has very limited visitor parking. Table of Contents.
- Heights Strata Plan LMS4379;
- Ridge Strata Plan LMS3036 for strata lots 1-15; Ridge Strata Plan LMS3036 for strata lots 16-26. Table of Contents.
Your best bet to get to and from Taluswood is to drive or take a taxi. Walking up Nordic Drive, or up Whistler Mountain at Creekside to Taluswood is not feasible for most humans. Table of Contents.
View the Buying Process page for a step by step guide to buying real estate in Whistler. If you are not working with a realtor, please contact me if you have any questions. I am here to help you. Table of Contents.
Personal Real Estate Corporation
Sutton Group – West Coast Realty
203-1080 Millar Creek Road, Whistler, BC V8E 0S7, CANADA