604 938 3885
Aspens, 4800 Spearhead Drive, Whistler, B.C.
“The Aspens has been very popular, since the completion of the interior renovation of the hallways, in the Fall of 2015. Sales of one bedroom condos have risen by 70% in the past 12 months, great news if you bought in 2015. Even if you are considering the Aspens today, the strata seems to be one of the best-managed, and the reason could be consistency on the strata council. You can self-manage your rental or choose one of the many who are currently involved in the building. There are lots of options with the Aspens.” – Marion.
- About the Aspens
- Active listings.
- Building details.
- Building plan.
- Buyer’s Guide.*
- Floor plans.
- Front desk.
- Google map location of Aspens.
- Google map of ski-in ski-out properties.
- Mortgage and financing.*
- Non-resident of Canada*
- Photo gallery.
- Rental Management Restrictions
- Revenue and nightly rates.
- Sales in the Aspens.
- Ski-in ski-out access.
- Strata fees.
- Strata minutes.*
- Strata plan.
- Strata storage
- Transit bus service.
- TW Tourism Whistler Fee.*
- Questions about buying or selling.*
*duplicated on each page.
Located at 4800 Spearhead Drive, in the area called the Benchlands, this true ski-in ski-out condominium complex is located literally on the slopes of Blackcomb Mountain (see Google Map on Table of Contents). The Aspens has one of the best all-round locations in the neighbourhood, and is an easy walk down to the Base of Blackcomb at any time of year. There is a lot of activity close to the Aspens when the Farmer’s market and the summer activities start on the May long weekend. Return to table of contents.
Click the following link which will take you to the Whistler Listings System (WLS) so you can search for listings. In the “search by address” box on the lower left of the screen, type the street address, 4800 Spearhead Drive, and WLS will pull up all the current listings in the Aspens, plus details of the property and the listing brokerage.
Please note, every Whistler realtor posts each listing on the WLS, but not every agent posts it on Multiple Listing Site (MLS).
The Real Estate Council of BC allows me and all other agents to show and sell all property regardless of which brokerage has them listed. However, the RECBC only allows agents to cross-market the listings of brokerages which have signed a Reciprocity Agreement.
All new listings and price changes which each listing agent posts on the WLS are re-posted on the Whistler Ski in Ski out Twitter, Facebook and Google+ pages, along with the listing broker information. So, if you want to keep up to date on the ski-in ski-out listing activity in Whistler, checking those social media sites would be the way to do it. Click the icons to the left to connect. Return to table of contents.
Built in 1993, the property has 1 or 2 bedroom suites, with a total of 233 condo units. The building is zoned for nightly rental with no restrictions on useage. The Aspens offer a front desk, a ski/board rental equipment shop, social/movie room, underground parking, 3 outdoor hot tubs, exercise room and a large outdoor heated pool. Return to table of contents.
Aspens Floor Plans with Unit Type Directory. Note: double check the unit type number against the Building Plan unit type (see Building plan above. If there is any doubt, I suggest you defer to the Building Plan). Return to table of contents.
- The front desk at the Aspens is managed by Resort Quest Whistler.
- The front desk is only beneficial to your guests if you rent out your property through this rental management company. If you use another rental management company, the front desk will be little use to your guests if they have any service issues.
- The front desk provides a towel service for the pool to all owners and guests. A deposit is required. Return to table of contents.
This is a tricky subject, so I have attached a link to the document summarizing Goods and Services Tax (GST) provided by a local accounting office. If you need a shorter explanation as to how GST pertains to the property you are searching for, please call me, Marion Anderson, at 604 938 3885. Return to table of contents.
Location of the Aspens on Blackcomb Mountain and proximity of the ski-lifts:
Return to table of contents.
It is very simple to buy a property in Whistler when you are a non-resident. I have copied pg 7 of the Buyer’s Guide (see table of contents above) which was supplied by a local law firm, Race & Co., so you can read the section on non-residents. Their advice is to open a bank account in Canada as soon as you start thinking about buying a property. Also, have a lawyer notarize your identification, well in advance of purchasing…I will walk you through this when we connect. Return to table of contents.
- There are no restrictions regarding which rental management company you choose.
- You can also self-manage your own rentals.
- Blackcomb Peaks, a local rental management company seems to manage a significant number of the condos in the Aspens.
- ResortQuest manage the front desk.
The above chart shows revenue examples for all types of Whistler ski-in ski-out real estate. Please note, this is the same information posted on each page. If you want more information or want to see where the figures came from, please contact me, Marion Anderson at 604 938 3885. I am happy to email them to you, and give you an overview of how I compiled them and interpret them for you.
The Aspens are ideal for generating revenue year round simply because of: the year-round swimming pool; the three, year-round hot tubs; the ski-in ski-out location; and the easy walk to the Village, in all four seasons. You can use any rental management company you wish, or you can self-manage your condo, if you have the motivation. For nightly rental rates on this property and other ski-in ski-out properties your best bet is to check out www.AlluraDirect.com and the other nightly, rental by owner sites. Return to table of contents.
The following are the sales in the Aspens since January 2015, in chronological order with the most recent sale at the top of the list, posted by all Whistler brokerages. Please note, GST was applicable to the sale with some of these recent sales which would add on an additional 5% to the price stated below:
- 1 bedroom/1 bathroom $580,000.
- 2 bedroom/2 bathroom $839,000.
- 2 bedroom/2 bathroom $721,000.
- 1 bedroom/1 bathroom $459,000.
- 1 bedroom/1 bathroom $430,000.
- 1 bedroom/1 bathroom $345,000.
- 1 bedroom/1 bathroom $340,000.
- 1 bedroom/1 bathroom $550,000.
- 1 bedroom/1 bathroom $340,000.
- 1 bedroom/1 bathroom $315,000.
- 2 bedroom/2 bathroom $558,547.
- 1 bedroom/1 bathroom $317,500.
- 1 bedroom/1 bathroom $312,000.
- 2 bedroom/2 bathroom $580,000.
- 1 bedroom/1 bathroom $340,000.
- 2 bedroom/2 bathroom $610,000.
- 1 bedroom/1 bathroom $300,000.
- 1 bedroom/1 bathroom $320,000
- 1 bedroom/1 bathroom $285,000.
- 1 bedroom/1 bathroom $310,000.
- 1 bedroom/1 bathroom $332,500.
- 1 bedroom/1 bathroom $331,000
- 2 bedroom/2 bathroom $667,000.
- 2 bedroom/2 bathroom $665,000.
- 1 bedroom/1 bathroom $365,000
- 2 bedroom/2 bathroom $822,500
- 1 bedroom/1 bathroom $469,000
- 1 bedroom/1 bathroom $517,500
The Real Estate Council of BC (RECBC) does not permit real estate agents to post all the details on real estate sales. If you want to view past sales, which you should do if you are thinking of buying any property, then contact me, Marion Anderson at Marion@myseatosky.com (604) 938-3885. A useful public website to look at is www.BCAssessment.ca. This site is initially a little tricky to navigate, but it will give you the current year and last year’s assessed value of the property, and the sales over the past year.
When the terms and conditions have been removed on each transaction, but the property has not changed title, the sales information is posted on WLS by the listing agent. I re-post this information on the Whistler Ski in Ski out social media pages of Twitter, Facebook and Google+. That is a good way for you to track Whistler ski-in ski-out sales activity. Click the social media icons on the left and it should lead you to my social media pages, and then follow or like as directed. Return to table of contents.
You are walking off or on the Wizard run and onto the Aspens property. The Wizard run leads down to the Wizard Express, quad chair at the base of Blackcomb Mountain. The Blackcomb Mountain world-class groomers do a great job of moving snow around on these lower slopes. This means that the properties located on Blackcomb Mountain remain a true ski-in and ski-out even if the snow has started to disappear from the lower slopes in Spring. Return to table of contents.
- Strata fees include: hydro, gas, cable, internet, water, garbage removal, landscaping and snow removal. Return to table of contents.
- dogs are permitted.
- a BBQ is now allowed on each condo deck.
- two coin operated laundry facilities.
- no washer/dryers allowed in the condos.
- ski/board valet service is available to owners and guests, or rather to whomever is staying in the condo. This service is offered through the ski shop within the Aspens. You give them your skis/board for storage. When you are ready to go skiing you pick them up or drop them off after skiing – excellent service. Read strata storage section below for more details.
- owner parking pass provided by the strata but the spot is not assigned.
- Depreciation Report is available.
I am not permitted to post the strata minutes on this site, as they are not deemed public information. The listing agent is not obliged to order the strata minutes until there is an accepted offer. I like my clients to read the strata minutes before writing an offer so that we know of any assessments coming down, and so that if there is a Depreciation Report, my clients have a good understanding of future repairs. Return to table of contents.
The Aspens was built in three phases, so there are 3 strata plans. This condo strata lot directory will show you the strata lot (S.L.) number of any unit so that you can determine which strata plan to refer to. Strata Plan LMS 1151 Phase 1 Strata Lots 1-89; Strata Plan LMS 1151 Phase II Strata Lots 90-153; Strata Plan LMS 1151 Phase III Strata Lots 154-233. Return to table of contents.
In-suite storage: There is a small closet with a lock in each condo. This is where the owner can lock and store equipment when the property is being rented. Some owners add a lock to a kitchen cupboard and store some supplies in there.
Owner ski/board lockers: are available but not assigned. There are two rooms hidden away in the parking lot. Each room has rows of lockers which are not assigned and if the locker is empty and you have a padlock…its yours.
Bike storage: there are two gated areas for bikes. One on the parking lot as you enter and the second one on P2. These are communal areas with a locked gate which is opened by the fob used to access the pool area.
The location of the Aspens is an easy walk to the Base of Blackcomb and from there to Whistler Village. There is a free, village bus service which has a route through the Benchlands. This service runs about 8 times an hour in winter and just slightly less the rest of the year. Click this link for www.bctransit.com/whistler and look for route 5, the Whistler Upper Village/Benchlands shuttle. Return to table of contents.
Tourism Whistler has provided a detailed document which answers the question, “What are TW fees?” These fees are paid by each owner of a property located on Resort Land. The document also provides an overview on the purpose of Tourism Whistler. Make sure you refer to the page entitled: Resort Land Properties Subject to Restrictive Covenants for a list of properties in Whistler which have a rental restriction. Pertaining to this website, it means that for the owners in the Aspens, Le Chamois, Telemark and Woodrun, even if you live in the property, you still have to pay a commercial TW fee. For all other ski-in ski-out properties on this site, you would get a break on the commercial fees, as the other properties on this site are not subject to the restrictive covenant with rental pool requirements. Return to table of contents.
If you are considering buying or selling in the Aspens, 4800 Spearhead Drive, Whistler, I am here to help you…that is why I created this web-site. Please contact me , Marion Anderson at, Marion@myseatosky.com or (604) 938-3885. I appreciate your feedback. Return to table of contents.
Sutton Group-West Coast Realty
203-1080 Millar Creek Road, Whistler, BC, V0N 1B1 Canada
604 938 3885