604 938 3885
First Tracks Lodge, 2202 Gondola Way, Whistler, B.C.
“First Tracks Lodge is ideal for the buyer who wants a luxury condominium steps away from the ski lift. It is ideal if you want flexible use of your property. Great comfort is provided to the owner knowing that their investment is being managed by an extremely capable rental & strata management company called Lodging Ovations. If you decide to have your property in the rental pool, the revenues from every condo are combined, and then divided up based on a pre-determined formula for sharing the profits “equally”. When you are not occupying your condo, it must be in the rental pool. The front desk concierge service is based in Legends, this service is ideal for owners and guest alike…so nice to talk to a human!” – Marion.
- About First Tracks Lodge.
- Active listings.
- Building details.
- Building plan.
- Buyer’s Guide.*
- Floor plans.
- Google map location of First Tracks Lodge.
- Google map of ski-in ski-out properties.
- Map of Creekside.
- Non-resident of Canada.*
- Photo gallery.
- Rental management restrictions.
- Revenue and nightly rates.
- Ski-in ski-out access.
- Strata fees.
- Strata minutes.
- Strata parking.
- Strata plan.
- Strata storage.
- Transit bus service.
- TW Tourism Whistler Fee.*
*duplicated on each page.
Terrific location for these true ski-in ski-out, luxury condominiums at the base of Whistler Mountain. First Tracks Lodge is literally just steps away from the Whistler Creekside Gondola. Also within easy view is ski school, guest services, and a ski/board rental and sales equipment store. The ski-school is a drop-off point for children’s ski school, so that is an absolute plus for this location. A lot of buyers who are very familiar with Whistler prefer Whistler Creekside to the Village. Creekside has a really good grocery store, Creekside Market, a substantial liquor store, several restaurants and bars, and all this comes without the excitement and noise of the Village.
Dusty’s is the après bar of choice in this area, which is across the plaza from the Lodge, so there may be some noise at night when the bar empties. In addition, the snow guns, located near the base are operational from the moment it is cold enough to make snow. Homeowner pets are allowed with restrictions.
First Tracks Lodge owners are entitled to join Resort to Resort, www.resort2resort.com which allows an owner to exchange a week at another participating resort in Canada, Europe, USA, Mexico, the Caribbean and cruises. Return to table of contents.
Click the following link to view active listings in First Tracks Lodge posted by all Whistler brokerages.
Click the following link which will take you to the Whistler Listings System (WLS) so you can search for listings. In the “search by address” box on the lower left of the screen, type the street address, 2202 Gondola Way, and WLS will pull up all the current listings in First Tracks Lodge, plus details of the property and the listing brokerage.
Please note, every Whistler realtor posts each listing on the WLS, but not every agent posts it on Multiple Listing Site (MLS).
The Real Estate Council of BC allows me and all other agents to show and sell all property regardless of which brokerage has them listed. However, the RECBC only allows agents to cross-market the listings of brokerages which have signed a Reciprocity Agreement.
All new listings and price changes which each listing agent posts on the WLS are re-posted on the Whistler Ski in Ski out Twitter, Facebook and Google+ pages, along with the listing broker information. So, if you want to keep up to date on the ski-in ski-out listing activity in Whistler, checking those social media sites would be the way to do it. Click the icons to the left to connect. Return to table of contents.
Built in 2002, this is a 6 storey concrete building which was constructed above a 2 level underground, concrete parking structure. The building has 1-4 bedroom suites, 84 units and is zoned for nightly rental, with no restriction on use. There are 2 units equipped for individuals with physical challenges. The allocation of the units on the Disclosure Statement was:
- 5 x one bedroom
- 13 x one bedroom & den
- 29 x two bedroom
- 7 x two bedroom & den
- 26 x three bedroom
- 4 x four bedroom
Extra large owner storage lockers (3ft x 5ft x 8 ft (high)) are separate from the guest ski lockers, with a separate exit from the ski locker room to the base of Whistler Mountain. There is an impressive, large lobby concierge service, outdoor pool, two hot tubs, fully equipped exercise/gym, owner ski/board locker, bike storage and underground parking. There is a large BBQ area on the pool/hot tub deck area, as BBQ’s are not permitted on the suite decks. Return to table of contents.
This Whistler real estate Buyer’s guide has been provided by a local law firm. It is a comprehensive guide worth reading when you start looking for real estate in Whistler. Return to table of contents.
The front desk for First Tracks Lodge is located over at Legends, which is a neighbouring Lodging Ovations property. The front desk will help you with everything you need as an owner, and the staff provides first-class service to the guests. First Tracks Lodge is an on-site Manage, Owner Guest Experience to assist you and your guests with any requests. Return to table of contents.
This is a tricky subject, so I have attached a link to the document summarizing Goods and Services Tax (GST) provided by a local accounting office. If you need a shorter explanation as to how GST pertains to the property you are searching for, please call me, Marion Anderson, at 604 938 3885. Return to table of contents.
Showing location on Whistler Mountain and proximity of the Creekside Gondola:
Return to table of contents.
It is very simple to buy a property in Whistler when you are a non-resident. I have copied page 7 of the Buyer’s Guide (see table of contents above) which was supplied by a local law firm, Race & Co., so you can read the section on non-residents. . My advice is to open a bank account in Canada as soon as you start thinking about buying a property. Also, have a lawyer notarize your identification, well in advance of purchasing…I will walk you through this when we connect. Return to table of contents.
- Lodging Ovations is the obligatory rental management company.
- If you want to market your own condo and self-manage your rentals, First Tracks Lodge is not for you.
- Lodging Ovations is a well-oiled machine who do a great job for the owners.
- All revenue is pooled.
- When you are not using your condo, it must be available for rental.
- The owner or invitee (not a paying guest) may use the condo at any time provided the owner reserves the condo at least 90 days in advance of the summer or winter season or subject to availability. If you want to stay in your condo and you have not given enough notice, you may not be able to do so without a fee being charged to you. Return to table of contents.
The above chart shows revenue examples for all types of Whistler ski-in ski-out real estate. Please note, this is the same example posted on each page. If you want more information or want to see where the figures came from, please contact me, Marion Anderson at 604 938 3885. I am happy to email them to you, and give you an overview of how I compiled them and interpret them for you.
Lodging Ovations is the rental and property management company of First Tracks Lodge. The revenue generated in First Tracks Lodge is pooled and after a variety of expenses, distributed to the owners based on their unit’s Interest Upon Destruction (IUD) rating. Click the following link for FAQ’s on Lodging Ovations. Lodging Ovations provides an excellent service to owners who want to rent out their property and totally take care of all aspects of managing the unit. You must use Lodging Ovations as your rental management company if you rent out your First Tracks Lodge suite…you cannot do it yourself. Lodging Ovations spends a lot of marketing money to ensure a seamless rental service, so the message to the public must be clear. View First Tracks Lodge’s nightly rental rates, and see what a luxury condominium hotel generates in Whistler Creek. Return to table of contents.
Sales since January 2014, listed in chronological order with the most recent sale at the top of the list, posted by all Whistler brokerages:
- 2 bedroom/2 bathroom $944,000.
- 2 bedroom/2 bathroom $845,000.
- 1 bedroom/1 bathroom, $536,500.
- 4 bedroom/4 bathroom, $2,055,000.
- 2.5 bedroom/2 bathroom, $1,000,000.
- 1.5 bedroom/2 bathroom $575,000.
- 3 bedroom/3 bathroom $1,300,000.
- 3 bedroom/3 bathroom $1,260,000.
- 1.5 bedroom/2 bathroom $625,000.
- 2 bedroom/2 bathroom $740,000.
- 3 bedroom/3 bathroom $1,175,000.
- 2 bedroom/2 bathroom $750,000.
- 4 bedroom/4 bathroom $2,000,000.
- 1.5 bedroom/2 bathroom $640,000.
- 3 bedroom/3 bathroom $1,055,000.
- 3 bedroom/3 bathroom $895,000.
The Real Estate Council of BC (RECBC) does not permit real estate agents to post all the details on real estate sales. If you want to view past sales, which you should do if you are thinking of buying any property, then contact me, Marion Anderson at Marion@myseatosky.com (604) 938-3885. A useful public website to look at is www.BCAssessment.ca. This site is initially a little tricky to navigate, but it will give you the current year and last year’s assessed value of the property, and the sales over the past year.
When the terms and conditions have been removed on each transaction, but the property has not changed title, the sales information is posted on WLS by the listing agent. I re-post this information on the Whistler Ski in Ski out social media pages of Twitter, Facebook and Google+. That is a good way for you to track Whistler ski-in ski-out sales activity. Click the social media icons on the left and it should lead you to my social media pages, and then follow or like as directed. Return to table of contents.
When you look at the photographs above, you will wonder why I even have this section! Yes, the property really is that close to the Whistler Creekside Gondola which takes you up to the Red Chair on Whistler Mountain. The door at the back of First Tracks Lodge is the exit from the owner’s ski locker room. Return to table of contents.
- Strata fees include gas for the fireplace, note: electricity is metered for each unit so it is an additional cost to the owner.
- Strata fee also includes propane and electricity charges for the recreational areas and the lobby.
- Insurance: The strata insures the building, common property and limited common property, which your strata fee contributes to. Each purchaser will be responsible for insuring the fixtures, furniture, equipment and other personal property installed or placed in their condo, and for obtaining third party liability insurance for their condo.
- Furniture, Fixtures and Equipment (FF&E): Keep in mind that you are paying a portion of your strata fees to this FF&E fund. This fund is in place to ensure that the condo looks good to renters. If you use your condo and damage any of the FF&E, you may be asked to finance the replacement of said items before the condo goes back into the rental pool.
- The Owner Guest Experience Manager provide full concierge services to the owners, including stocking the fridge with prior to your arrival, at your expense. This is a service that will be really appreciated after a long journey to Whistler! When you look at the monthly strata fee, it is almost double what you would see in a lot of other ski-in ski-out properties, there is a valid reason for this: First Tracks Lodge has been very pro-active, since it was constructed, in building up a large contingency fund and a capital fund for future projects. To date, the strata has never had to impose any special levies for additional work or emergency repairs. I think this speaks volumes about how well-run the strata has been. Return to table of contents.
- Owner’s dogs are allowed. Guests are not allowed pets.
- If you are in the rental pool there is a $240 cleaning fee after your dog leaves and the next guest arrives. If you are not in the rental pool, you can do what you wish.
- If you are not in the rental pool, you can renovate your condo to your own taste. However, once your condo returns to the rental pool it must conform to the existing standards.
I am not permitted to post the strata minutes on this site, as they are not deemed public information. The listing agent is not obliged to order the strata minutes until there is an accepted offer. I like my clients to read the strata minutes before writing an offer so that we know of any assessments coming down. Reading the Depreciation Report provides an excellent understanding of future repairs. Return to table of contents.
- Registered strata document showing shows the strata parking plan.
- Owners of one bedroom, and one bedroom & den are entitled to one parking spot. For owners of two, three, and four bedroom suites are entitled to two parking spaces.
- Owners who have their condo in the rental program, cannot use their parking spot unless they are staying in their unit. Each parking spot associated to a condo in the rental pool must be available for the guest. Return to table of contents.
In-suite lockers: Each condo has an in-suite storage locker which the owner will be entitle to use year-round, but access will be permitted only when the owner is actually occupying the condo.
Owner’s lockers: There is a secure room on the main floor with direct access to the mountain. This room contains one storage locker for each residential lot (condo). These lockers are for the use of the owners only. Each of these lockers are approximately 3 x 5 feet and were intended to accommodate bikes, ski/board and golf club storage. The Bylaws of the Strata Corporation provide that each condo owner will be entitled to use this locker whether or not they are staying in their condo.
Ski/board storage for guests: There is a separate, secure room on the main floor which contains 84 lockers. This is for the use of guests while they are renting the condo.
Bike storage: For guests, there is storage on the main floor for approximately 30 bikes. On P2 there is storage for another 30 bikes. Return to table of contents.
If you have had enough quiet-time in Whistler Creekside and need the energy of Whistler Village for a while, it is easy to take the bus. The stop is basically outside the front door. Click this link for the www.bctransit.com/whistler site and look for routes routes 1 and 2, the Whistler Valley connector will take you from Whistler Creekside to the Whistler Village. The airport bus and the Greyhound bus service to/from Vancouver are also very close. Return to table of contents.
Tourism Whistler has provided a detailed document which answers the question, “What are TW fees?” These fees are paid by each owner of a property located on Resort Land. The document also provides an overview on the purpose of Tourism Whistler. Make sure you refer to the page entitled: Resort Land Properties Subject to Restrictive Covenants for a list of properties in Whistler which have a rental restriction. Pertaining to this website, it means that for the owners in the Aspens, Le Chamois, Telemark and Woodrun, even if you live in the property, you still have to pay a commercial TW fee. For all other ski-in ski-out properties on this site, you would get a break on the commercial fees, as the other properties on this site are not subject to the restrictive covenant with rental pool requirements. Return to table of contents.
I am here to help you…that is why I created this web-site, so please contact me , Marion Anderson at, Marion@myseatosky.com or (604) 938-3885. I appreciate your feedback. Return to table of contents.
Sutton Group-West Coast Realty
203-1080 Millar Creek Road, Whistler, BC, V0N 1B1 Canada
604 938 3885