Video of location of 2928 Big Timber Court, Kadenwood. The artist’s impression demonstrates the positioning of the property to maximize the incredible mountain views. This lot is listed with Engel & Volkers Whistler.
Before I tell you the features and benefits of 2928 Big Timber Court, Kadenwood, let me give you some background. Over the summer I hiked the trails of Kadenwood again to see if anything had changed that I should be aware of. That effort always makes me appreciate the Kadenwood houses and their unique ski-in ski-out locations. Have a look at the video entitled Kadenwood Ski Trails. In the video I speak about the ski access trails which run in, through and out of Kadenwood. Some houses have a better ski-in ski-out access than others. Which leads me to this post on a lot for sale in Kadenwood. Finding land for sale in Whistler which is ski-in ski-out is rare as it has all been sold. Most of the lots you see for sale are being resold, that means they are not being sold by a developer.
Mountain View Lot For Sale in Kadenwood
There are several lots available for sale in Kadenwood. However, most of the 60 lots have been built upon, and usually that means slim pickings the late adopters. However, that is not the case with the vacant land for sale at 2928 Big Timber Court. Which helps to explain the price point. Here are the reasons that this lot should be near, or at, the top of your list:
- Close location to ski-out access onto the Lower Peak to Creek on Whistler Mountain;
- Across the street from the ski-in access trail that comes in at the top of Kadenwood, then winds its way down to Ancient Cedars Trail. From there it is a schuss down the path next to the play park, and then across Kadenwood Drive and steps from home;
- Magnificent, unobstructed mountain views to the south and the west;
- With the right architect you will feel as though you are in a world by yourself. No neighbours on either side;
- There is one neighbour to the side, but this lot is further forward from that house. The neighbours across the street are blocked by a bank of mature trees;
- When you compare your options for vacant land for sale in Whistler, there are very few options, so it may be wise to consider this rare opportunity;
- The property has been listed for two years. Until we write the offer we don’t really know how motivated they are. However, when they listed the property we were in a strong sellers real estate market. At the time of this post we are in a buyer/balanced market. Check out my recent video post on the Whistler Real Estate Market Update page of this site.
- Listing price: $3,500,000
- Buildable: 7,500 sq. ft.
- Days on the Market: 2 years
- Land size: 0.64 acres (27,800 sq. ft.)
- Property Tax: $6,463 (2019)
- Strata Fees: $1,100/month
- Zoned: Tourist Accommodation for nightly rental
- Ski-in and ski-out
- Listed by: Engel & Volkers Whistler
Google Map View of Ski-in Ski-out to 2928 Big Timber Court
Starting at the top of Kadenwood, which is at the bottom of the map, follow the darker blue directional arrows. These show you the only way in and out of Kadenwood via the trails. Follow the ski access trails that lead down to Kadenwood Drive. Then it really is a very short walk across the road to Lot 7 which is 2928 Big Timber Court. When you are ready to set off for the Lower Peak to Creek run on Whistler Mountain, just walk up to the end of the blue arrow on Kadenwood Drive which curves around lot 10. It is a very short, flat walk. This ski-out trail is a nice easy blue gradient and it is wide. Check out my Kadenwood Ski Access Trails Video and post where I feature the Kadenwood trails on a Google Map. Remember these trails are groomed twice a week.
I am here to help you before, during and after the transaction. The rules effective June 15, 2018 have banned dual agency, so it is prudent to contact a Buyer’s Agent like me, for more information. Please contact me if you are not working with a realtor.
Click the following link for more information on the Market Update for Whistler real estate. Statistics courtesy of Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver.
It’s a Good Life in Whistler!
604 938 3885
Marion Anderson PREC*