First Tracks Lodge, 2202 Gondola Way, Whistler, B.C.
October 20, 2021 This page is under construction
First Tracks Lodge, 2201 Gondola Way, Whistler, BC is slope-side on Whistler Mountain. These condos are ideal for the buyer who wants a luxury condominium steps away from the ski lift. In this case the lift is a 6 passenger gondola, which is a great way to travel in cold and windy weather.
Another reason to buy in First Tracks Lodge is if you want flexible use of your property. In addition, you want to earn revenue when you are not using the property. It used to be that great comfort was provided to the owner as the property was managed by an extremely capable rental and strata management company called Lodging Ovations. With the sale of Whistler Blackcomb to Vail Resorts, Lodging Ovations was taken over by Vail Resorts. Unfortunately, according to my clients the service and the reporting systems is not as good.
If you decide to have your property in the rental pool, the revenues from every condo are combined, and then divided up based on a predetermined formula for sharing the profits. When you are not occupying your condo, it must be in the rental pool. However, you can pull your condo out of the rental pool completely.
- Active Listings
- Market update
- Location on Blackcomb Mountain
- Drive from Whistler Village: video
- Google map
- Civic Address map
- Creekside map
- Drive to Creekside: video
- Street View: Video
- Photo gallery
- Ski-in Ski-out Trails: video
- Trail map
- Ski-in ski-out: video
- Comparable sales
- Site plans
- Floor plans
- Strata plan
- Front desk
- Buying Process
- no active listings
To view what is on the market in a Whistler ski-in/ski-out property already featured on this website, please click the Active Ski-in/Ski-out Listings page. Please note, these are postings by all Whistler real estate brokerages. Unlinked properties can be viewed on WhistlerListings.com
When starting your initial search for Whistler real estate, it is important to understand the current market conditions. If you are not ready to connect with a Whistler realtor and would prefer to do your own homework, I encourage you to study the sales and listing statistics on the Market Update page on this site. The statistics are compiled by the Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver (REBGV) In addition, the monthly Whistler Real Estate Market update video is a great way to stay informed in less than 99 seconds.
Terrific location for these true ski-in/ski-out, luxury condominiums at the base of Whistler Mountain. First Tracks Lodge is literally just steps away from the Whistler Creekside Gondola. Also within easy view is ski school, guest services, and a ski/board rental and sales equipment store. The ski-school is a drop-off point for children’s ski school, so that is an absolute plus for this location.
A lot of buyers who are very familiar with Whistler prefer Creekside to Whistler Village. Creekside has a really good grocery store, Creekside Market, a substantial liquor store, several restaurants and bars, and all this comes without the excitement and noise of Whistler Village.
Dusty’s is the après bar of choice in this area, which is across the plaza from First Tracks Lodge. There will be some noise at night when the bar empties. In addition, the snow guns, located near the base are operational from the moment it is cold enough to make snow.
First Tracks Lodge owners are entitled to join Resort to Resort, www.resort2resort.com which allows an owner to exchange a week at another participating resort in Canada, Europe, USA, Mexico, the Caribbean and cruises. Table of contents.
If you have had enough quiet-time in Whistler Creekside and need the energy of Whistler Village for a while, it is easy to take the bus. The stop is basically outside the front door. Click this link for the www.bctransit.com/whistler site and look for routes routes 1 and 2, the Whistler Valley connector will take you from Whistler Creekside to the Whistler Village. The airport bus and the Greyhound bus service to/from Vancouver are also very close.
Location on Blackcomb Mountain: video
Drive from Whistler Village
Civic Address Map
Showing location on Whistler Mountain and proximity of the Creekside Gondola.
Street View: Video
Ski-in Ski-out Trail
The lift access is the main reason why First Tracks Lodge on Whistler Mountain is very popular for buyers, and renters. The property really is that close to the Whistler Creekside Gondola. The gondola takes you up to the Red Chair on Whistler Mountain. The door at the back of First Tracks Lodge is the exit from the owner’s ski locker room. The whole building was designed around easy access to the lift, and it shows.
The past few sales in First Tracks Lodge are posted below.The sales of condo apartments in First Tracks Lodge, 2202 Gondola Way, Whistler. Data was imported from the Whistler Listing System. Days on Market (DOM) has been recorded since 2010.
|Number||Bedrooms||Bathrooms||Size sq. ft.||Sold Price||Year Sold||DOM||Listing Broker|
|312||3||3||1509||1,260,000||2015||559||O of T|
|522||2||1||1283||900,000||2007||S to S|
|524||2||2||1278||870,000||2007||S to S|
|215||3||3||1517||1,100,000||2006||S to S|
To view the sales of other townhome developments which would be considered in the same competitive set, please click through to the Sales: Townhomes page on this site.
The revenue generated in First Tracks Lodge is pooled and after a variety of expenses, distributed to the owners based on their unit’s Interest Upon Destruction (IUD) rating. Click the following link for FAQ’s on Lodging Ovations.
Lodging Ovations provides an excellent service to owners who want to rent out their property and totally take care of all aspects of managing the unit. You must use Lodging Ovations as your rental management company if you rent out your First Tracks Lodge suite, you cannot do it yourself. Lodging Ovations spends a lot of marketing money to ensure a seamless rental service, so the message to the public must be clear. View First Tracks Lodge’s Nightly Rental Rates, and see what a luxury condominium hotel generates in Whistler Creek.
Built in 2002, this is a 6 storey concrete building which was constructed above a 2 level underground, concrete parking structure. The building has 1-4 bedroom suites, 84 units and is zoned for nightly rental, with no restriction on use. There are 2 units equipped for individuals with physical challenges. The allocation of the units on the Disclosure Statement was as follows:
- 5 x one bedroom
- 13 x one bedroom & den
- 29 x two bedroom
- 7 x two bedroom & den
- 26 x three bedroom
- 4 x four bedroom
Highlights of Strata at First Tracks Lodge
It is important to read the strata minutes before you write an offer. This should include the depreciation report and the bylaws.
- Owner’s dogs are allowed.
- Guests are not allowed pets.
- BBQ’s are not permitted on the condo balcony.
- If you are in the rental pool there is a minimum $250 cleaning fee after your dog leaves and the next guest arrives. If you are not in the rental pool, you can do what you wish.
- Should you decide that you do not want to be in the rental pool, you can renovate your condo to your own taste. However, once your condo returns to the rental pool it must conform to the existing rental standards.
- Included: gas for the fireplace, cable, internet, note: electricity is metered for each unit so it is an additional cost to the owner.
- Fees; propane and electricity charges for the recreational areas and the lobby.
- Pool and spa repairs, seasonal decorations, security, elevator, fire safety, window cleaning landscaping and snow removal.
- Insurance: The strata insures the building, common property and limited common property, which your strata fee contributes to. Each purchaser will be responsible for insuring the fixtures, furniture, equipment and other personal property installed or placed in their condo, and for obtaining third party liability insurance for their condo.
- Furniture, Fixtures and Equipment (FF&E): Keep in mind that you are paying a portion of your strata fees to this FF&E fund. This fund is in place to ensure that the condo looks good to renters. If you use your condo and damage any of the FF&E, you may be asked to finance the replacement of said items before the condo goes back into the rental pool.
- The Owner Guest Experience Manager will provide full concierge services to the owners. This can include stocking the fridge with your requirements prior to your arrival, obviously at your expense. This is a good service that would be appreciated after a long journey to Whistler.
- When you look at the monthly strata fee, it is almost double what you would see in a lot of other ski-in ski-out properties, there is a valid reason for this: First Tracks Lodge has been very pro-active, since it was constructed, in building up a large contingency fund and a capital fund for future projects. To date, the strata has never had to impose any special levies for additional work or emergency repairs. I think this speaks volumes about how well-run the strata has been.
- There is an obligatory rental management company for this property;
- If you want to market your own condo and self-manage your rentals, First Tracks Lodge is not for you;
- All revenue is pooled;
- When you are not using your condo, and you are in the rental pool, your condo must be available for rental;
- The owner or invitee (not a paying guest) may use the condo at any time provided the owner reserves the condo at least 90 days in advance of the summer or winter season or subject to availability. If you want to stay in your condo and you have not given enough notice, you may not be able to do so without a fee being charged to you.
Click on this link for a printable version of the Registered strata document showing shows the strata parking plan. Owners of one bedroom, and one bedroom & den are entitled to one parking spot. For owners of two, three, and four bedroom suites are entitled to two parking spaces. Please note, owners who have their condo in the rental program, cannot use their parking spot unless they are staying in their unit. Each parking spot associated to a condo in the rental pool must be available for the guest.
Extra large owner storage lockers 3ft wide x 5ft deep x 8 ft high are separate from the guest ski lockers. There is even a separate exit for owners from the ski locker room to the base of Whistler Mountain. The Lodge boasts an impressive lobby which offers a concierge service, a year-round outdoor pool, and two year-round hot tubs. In addition there is a fully equipped exercise gym, an owner ski or board locker, a bike storage and underground parking. There is a large BBQ area on the pool and hot tub deck area.
Each condo has an in-suite storage locker which the owner will be entitled to use year-round. Access to the in-suite locker will be permitted only when the owner is actually occupying the condo.
There is a secure room on the main floor with direct access to the mountain. This room contains one storage locker for each residential lot (condo). These lockers are for the use of the owners only. Each of these lockers are approximately 3 x 5 x 8 feet and were intended to accommodate bikes, skis and boards and golf club storage. The Bylaws of the Strata Corporation provide that each condo owner will be entitled to use this locker whether or not they are staying in their condo.
Guest Ski and Board Storage
There is a separate, secure room on the main floor which contains 84 lockers. This is for the use of guests while they are renting the condo.
For guests, there is storage on the main floor for approximately 30 bikes. On P2 there is storage for another 30 bikes. This is important as Whistler Mountain at Creekside now uploads bikes on the Gondola. In addition, the trails have been expanded on Whistler Mountain to encourage uploading from Creekside.
Registered Strata Plan
Click the following link for the Registered Strata Plan BC104. This document is where the listing agent will verify the size of the unit.
The front desk for First Tracks Lodge is located over at Legends, which is a neighbouring Lodging Ovations property. The front desk will help you with everything you need as an owner, and the staff provides good service to the guests. First Tracks Lodge has an on-site Manager, Owner Guest Experience to assist you and your guests with any requests.
If you think I would be a good fit to work with you and your family, and you are not already working with a Whistler real estate agent, please contact me. I look forward to hearing from you.
It’s a Good Life in Whistler!
Marion Anderson Personal Real Estate Corporation
Sutton Group – West Coast Realty, #203, 1080 Millar Creek Road, Whistler, BC V8E 0S7